Spinach Pie Wrapped in Phyllo Dough
1 (10 ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed in the microwave (which cooks it a bit) and drained thoroughly
1 can quartered artichoke hearts (packed in water), drained thoroughly
4 ounces feta cheese (or mozzerella)
½ of a medium onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/8 cup all purpose flour
Salt and pepper
1 package of Phyllo dough (thawed)
1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
Just cut a zucchini in half lengthwise and trim a little off the bottom so it sit still in a baking dishScoop out the center where the seeds are with a spoonBrush the surface with a mixture of crushed garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper
Arrange halved grape tomatoes into the grooves, sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutesRemove and place diced fontina or mozzarella in between the tomatoes, place them back in, but now under the broiler til golden and bubblingRemove and drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkling of grated parmesan. You will love this as a side dish!
Hasselback Garlic Cheesy Bread
Geezus… I want to stuff this into my face.
Click for this delicious recipe.
Crispy Parmesan Asparagus Sticks
1 bunch of asparagus (mine had about 30 spears)
2 egg whites
1/4 cup flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
1 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lay a wire rack on a baking sheet and coat with non-stick spray.
I love asparagus…
… if only it didn’t make your pee stink to all high heaven.
100 Calorie Baked Egg Cups
12 thin slices of deli ham (round)
1/2 Cup of your favorite cheese (I used Parmesan)
1/2 Cup diced scallions
Fresh cracked Sea Salt and Pepper
Preheat the oven to 400. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Lay a piece of ham in each hole creating a little ham cup. Crack one egg into each hole and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Recipe: Spicy Ginger Creams
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee at room temperature
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh gingerroot
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Zest of one orange
- To prepare cookies, sift together flour, pepper, ground ginger, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl stir together molasses and coffee. In a bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed beat together butter and brown sugar until light and creamy.
- With mixer at low speed beat in gingerroot. Beat in flour mixture alternately with molasses mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Divide dough into thirds. Form each third into a ball and flatten to form disks. Chill disks, wrapped separately in plastic wrap, at least 4 hours and up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Break off egg-size pieces from 1 disk (keep remaining 2 disks chilled) and with heel of hand smear each piece once in a forward motion. Gather pieces together and give dough a few smears to bring together. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 disks.
- On a lightly floured work surface roll out one third of dough into a 22- by 8-inch rectangle (about 1/8 inch thick), making sure dough is not sticking to surface (use a pastry scraper to lift dough; sprinkle surface with additional flour if sticking). With a 2-inch gingerbread man cutter or 3 1/2-inch candy cane cutter cut out shapes, transferring with a spatula to baking sheets and arranging about 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake cookies in batches in lower third of oven 6 to 8 minutes, or until crisp. Transfer cookies to racks to cool.
- To prepare filling, combine the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and orange zest and mix at low speed until combined.
- Assemble multi-layered sandwiches by alternating cookies and filling as desired.
Cool gingerbread houses :D
Cute wedding cupcakes.
I cannot find the course for the life of me. I will repost once I do. :)
I guess that’s what sucks about Pinterest finds, it’s sometimes always impossible to find the proper source.
But I found it’s distant, much larger cousin… lol